Movie Night Tin | Gypsy Lane Crafts   

Monday, January 18, 2010

Movie Night Tin






I made one of these for each of my 2 girls and their hubbies, a few years ago and never got them online.  Almost everything was printed and cut by hand because I only had the original Cricut at the time, and I don't even think Design Studio was out yet.  Let me tell you, it took forever to cut out all that popcorn!!!

So I have included the directions of how I did it, and if there are any updates available that make it easier than the old fashion way...



  • Popcorn File Link Below
  • Bind It All
  • Coluzzle Square
  • Coluzzle Large Circle
  • Black Cardstock
  •  2) 8.5x11 cardstock for background
  • Coordinating Cardstock for the Lid and Accent Strips
  • 1 inch Circle Punch
  • Wonder Tape (Redline Tape/Terrifically Tacky Tape)
  • Ribbon

I used the large Coluzzle Circle  cut the circles for the lid.  At the time I made this, I only had the original Cricut.  I also printed their names on the Cardstock, before I cut it out.  I still get it out once in awhile, when I just want to do something quick.  The Scallop Circle on the top was done on the Cricut.

To make the Filmstrip, I cut a piece of black cardstock....punched it along both sides with the Bind-It-All and then used the Coluzzle Square to make the squares for the pictures to show through....the Pictures I just found on the internet, and pasted them into a Word Doc and adjusted it until the spacing between them worked to show through the film strip.  The I just glued it to the back.  I have seen several filmstrip SVG files out there now.

The Popcorn, I had cut out by hand...but I found an SVG file here that would work:  K8 Popcorn SCAL File

MORE PICS:


No comments: