Post-It Bracket Holder | Gypsy Lane Crafts   

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Post-It Bracket Holder


Yes I am still addicted to the Bracket Shape!  LOVE IT!!!!!

I have been working on the SCAL cut file for this Post-it Note Holder for quite awhile! I designed it in RoboMaster, and it took me forever it seems to get it converted.

Paperclips: Are made with the Cuttlebug 2 inch flower dies. I took thin chipboard, and adhered the paper to it, before running it through the Cuttlebug.  Otherwise it is very hard to line up the chipboard flower with the paper flower.  The flowers are on both sides, and I used Hot Glue, to glue the paperclip between them.

I have included both the GSD and SCUT file below.  The score marks are included, and are quite fine.  They work best if you have your paper top side down on the mat, so you don't have little tick marks sticking out when it's folded.

To cut the Glitter cardstock I put the Glitter side down on the mat and secured it with Blue Painter's Tape.


  • Patterned Paper - DCWV {Pocket Full of Posies Stack}
  • Cardstock - Bazzill
  • Flowers - Cuttlebug 2x2 Flower Dies
  • Flower Brads - Making Memories
  • Gem Stickers - Making Memories
  • Jumbo Paperclips
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape
  • Small piece of Elastic String
The flower brad on the top is only through the little flower and mat.  So when the holder is open you do not see the brad fastener.

For the closure, I used Elastic Jewelry thread and tied a knot in it and looped it around the bottom brad fasteners inside, put it through the hole with the brad to secure it, and then up over the top to keep the cover closed.  I put this through both the cover and the mat, so it does show inside, but I thought it would give it a little more strength....That and you would see a bump under it anyway because of the knot.

I used Terrifically Tacky tape to tape the post-it notepad to the inside back cover.

I would love to see some that others make, and please let me know if there are any problems with the files!!!

1 comment:

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What a cute project!!!! GREAT job ma'am!!