Cricut Expression Cover - First | Gypsy Lane Crafts   

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cricut Expression Cover - First

Back when the Original Cricut came out, a wonderful lady on the Cricut board shared a pattern she had made for Dust Covers.

I had made several for the smaller bug, and I think they are around here somewhere still.

I decided I would like one for my Expression.  So I tried to alter and adjust that pattern.  All in all it is not too bad.  I think it is a little too snug, but not bad for the first time.  The front is just a flap sewn down for contrast.  This one I actually made with the front and back as separate pieces with the flap sewn in between them.  I like that much better than having the cover made, and sewing the flap on afterward.  It did take me awhile to adjust the measurements of the flap, so I didn't end up sewing it in with the side seams.

Thanks everyone for the request for a cover like this, but this fabric is no longer available.  I LOVE IT and wish I had bought more.  It is Retro Blast by Dena Designs for Fabric Traditions.


Supplies
  • Fabric - {Retired} Retro Blast by Dena Designs for Fabric Traditions
  • Sewing Machine
  • Silk Flower
  • Gem

7 comments:

Yaritza said...

Looka great! Love the fabric.

Dusti said...

Very pretty.

Hugs
Dusti

Deb M in BC :) said...

That is awesome! You did a great job on it! Deb M in BC :)

JenE said...

Love the pattern and colors! Great job!

Leonna said...

My goodness . . . I love the colors and the pattern you did for this cover. I really like how it swoops down and has the flower. So CUTE!

Tracie said...

This is an adorable cover and I like the fact that its so fitted. Do you have a pattern you could share? I would use different fabric That would match my craftroom when I get it done.

*MaRy* said...

Tracie, there is a pattern on the Custom crops site, I added an inch in length, so I could add the elastic so it would be fitted on the bottom.