No-Sew Braided Fleece Throw - Rick | Gypsy Lane Crafts   

Friday, July 13, 2012

No-Sew Braided Fleece Throw - Rick

My daughter Devon made this for her hubby for Father's Day from the kids.  I was so proud of her, she just whipped it together super quick.  She also made one for her Dad "from the grandkids" that says Grandpa.  It even says PopPop on it, which is what the grandkids call him.  I will post that pic later.


I love the braided edge vs. the tied edge.  We found the tutorial here:

Double Layered No-Sew "Braided" Fleece Blanket Tutorial

Joann's has been having fleece on sale 50% off for most of the summer.  We have alot more of these to make up!  I think I have about 28 yards of fleece!  Just waiting for the weather to cool down to put them together!!!

Devon cut the strips around the edge 1.5 inches long, and 1 inch wide.

I picked up Joann's large cutting mat: 36x59 Cutting Mat which worked much better than the smaller mats on the Living Room Floor.

To snip the fleece we used: Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Scissors


Supplies
  • Fabric - 
    • 2 yards Solid Fleece
    • 2 yards Print Fleece

2 comments:

Polly @ Helping Little Hands said...

Love how your blanket turned out. Thanks so much for linking to my tutorial. :)

Gypsy Lane said...

Thank you! They are addicting!